Ellice Road – Asbestos Roof Replacement
March 25, 2021
Access | Partners in Property were given the opportunity to complete a roof renewal on this commercial property on Ellice Road and what a great finish we have achieved.
The scope of works was challenging as it involved removing 1000sqm of super six asbestos roofing. Moreover, the building encompassed 4 tenancies. Therefore, procurement and planning was key in completing this project to succession. It was imperative that the tenants could continue business as usual while works were undertaken and that we outlined a detailed and thorough health and safety plan. To mitigate this, Access | Partners in Property engaged with specialist asbestos removers, Morecroft Contractors to complete this high-risk work. The project was also carefully staged to keep the building water-tight during works. As asbestos roofing was removed, the in-house metal roofing technicians laid new Dimond BB900 metal roof sheets. Our in-house Waterproofing technicians were also deployed onto site to complete waterproofing to the gutters.
Our in-house Waterproofing technicians were also deployed onto site to complete waterproofing to the gutters. The Nuraply 3P system was applied which carries a 20 year warranty for product and 5 year warranty for workmanship. Additional works also involves
- Supplying and installing DHS 250/15 purlins
- Reinstating with 13mm ceiling gib
- Reline the walls with Hardiflex
The new roof has an amazing finish. This project has;
- Increased the value of the property
- Offers a complete watertight solution
- Complies with current NZ legislation.
The client was very satisfied with the outcome with the team achieving our brand promise.
PEOPLE SAFE, CUSTOMER SATISFIED, JOB DONE.
- Estimator: Kyle Maschek
- Project Manager: Phil Hodai
- Health and Safety team: Alison Gamble and Daleen Claassen
- Contract Representatives: Hiro Kawashima and Kyle Maschek
- Asbestos Remover: Morecroft Contractors