A warm roof is a roof system where the insulation is found on the outside. Gunac | Waterproofing Specialists are experts in warm roof systems, having completed these systems for a range of clients including, commercial buildings, schools, hotels and more.
A warm roof system has project specific requirements and can be retrofitted to any roof substrate including metal, concrete or timber. A typical warm room system comprises of a substrate, a vapour barrier, PIR board and a sheet membrane.
There are several benefits of installing a warm roof on your existing or new building.
With the warm roof system:
- The roof is more breathable as moisture can easily escape
- It can be retrofitted to existing roof structures
- The PIR board can be tapered which will increase falls and help reduce ponding
- The roof can add value to your property
- There may be an overall reduction in maintenance of the roof
- The roof increases heat retention of the building, creating a warmer house or building
Talk to the experts about your warm roof queries.